The People's Awareness Coalition Forum
Page LogOn Time : • Greetings, concerned American. Note most topics reserved for members only. We welcome you to Register.
Home
Events
Search
Help
Login
Register
Latest Posts Help Center
Thread
Print this Topic
Ft Calhoun Spent Fuel (Read 8068 times)
Jerry
College

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
It's Not My Government!
Country of South Carolina

Ft Calhoun Spent Fuel
Jun 16th, 2011 at 9:01am
Alert Moderator about this Post. 
What in the hell is going on with Nuclear plants. Are they our new dirty bombs?

The Fort Calhoun Nuclear Generating Station is a nuclear power plant located on 660 acres (270 ha) between Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, and Blair, Nebraska adjacent to the Missouri River. This plant has one Combustion Engineering pressurized water reactor generating 500 megawatts of electricity. In 2003, the plant had its operating license renewed for an additional twenty years, expiring in 2033.

As a result of a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) inspection conducted from January 1 to June 21, 2010, the NRC determined that Fort Calhoun Station (FCS) did not have adequate procedures to protect the intake structure and auxiliary building against external flooding events. Specifically, contrary to Technical Specification 5.8.1.a, the station failed to maintain procedures for combating a significant flood as recommended by Regulatory Guide 1.33, Appendix A, section 6.w, "Acts of Nature."

http://www.rense.com/general94/ftcal.htm
http://www.businessinsider.com/faa-closes-airspace-over-flooded-nebraska-nuclear...

This map paints a bad picture if the plant gets flooded. Water contamination of the whole central America.
http://web.mit.edu/12.000/www/m2010/finalwebsite/background/mississippiriver/ima...
IP Logged
LB Bork
NMG Global Moderator

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
Git 'er Done!
Country of Illinois

Re: Ft Calhoun Spent Fuel
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 9:55am
Jerry, what is this doing here in Enemies of the Republic? Explain yourself... I do not get it.

"There is Tranquility in Ignorance, but Servitude is its Partner."  —me
Visit the Website LB Bork
IP Logged
Jerry
College

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
It's Not My Government!

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 10:04am
LB Bork wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 9:55am:
Jerry, what is this doing here in Enemies of the Republic? Explain yourself... I do not get it.

Well maybe it should go under current news. But I am so pissed at the stupidity of these people. They are playing around with fire that will destory the land forever. If that is not a enemy of the republic I don't know what is.
IP Logged
LB Bork
NMG Global Moderator

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
Git 'er Done!
Country of Illinois

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 10:16am
Well, I suppose you are correct. With Germany proposing to shutdown/retire all its nuclear plants in coming years, the United States continues on its path of destruction. The people here that run things are criminals and idiots.

"There is Tranquility in Ignorance, but Servitude is its Partner."  —me
Visit the Website LB Bork
IP Logged
Jerry
College

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
It's Not My Government!

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 10:37am
LB Bork wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 10:16am:
Well, I suppose you are correct. With Germany proposing to shutdown/retire all its nuclear plants in coming years, the United States continues on its path of destruction. The people here that run things are criminals and idiots.

The Germans did the same thing as Japan and the US is doing now about raising the limits to exposure to radiation.

IP Logged
RoadScribe
Ex Member
Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 11:10pm
There is another documentary on that YouTube page that is even more heart wrenching filled with video clips and photos. Scroll down to "Chernobyl Decay and Deformed."
It took me a few days to get this video of my head so I could work again. The music is haunting. Now think of Chernobyl times ten for each Fukosheima reactor that has gone into meltdown and you will know why the infant mortality rate has increased since that incident in cities along our western coast.

Is this a conspiracy or by design . . . you decide.
Remember, I am freelance writer not beholding to the government owned media.

I have been following this story since I heard it on the Power Hour where it's been reported for the last two days. Better hurry, the articles I found are being pulled from the Internet. If I told you this was by design you might not believe me. But Joyce Riley has done some heavy research to find out that this plant and many others are very lacking in safety . . . as if it is by design.
If that river water gets into the cooling pool building where, BTW 20 years of spent fuel rods for Nebraska and and another state are being stored, then you will have radioactive water flooding all over grain belt farm lands that already are under water.
Local residents called into the show and are outraged that there were not warnings to take precaution.
If you go over to RBN you will find that another reactor is also in trouble. And if you get really nosy you will
find that there are nuclear reactors along that swollen river.

IP Logged
Thread
Print this Topic
Not My Government | Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4.
YaBB © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.

Site Born: November 2008
contact
I need to know more about PAC...
I would like to get started with PAC...