The People's Awareness Coalition Forum
Page LogOn Time : • Greetings, concerned American. Note most topics reserved for members only. We welcome you to Register.
Home
Events
Search
Help
Login
Register
Latest Posts Help Center
Thread
Print this Topic
Something for Nothing (Read 6143 times)
LB Bork
NMG Global Moderator

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
SN Society
Git 'er Done!
Country of Illinois

Something for Nothing
Sep 19th, 2010 at 2:20pm
Alert Moderator about this Post. 
Something For Nothing

Look in the mirror, perhaps you are an enemy of the Republic:

• The chief enemies of republican freedom are mental sloth, conformity, bigotry, superstition, credulity, monopoly in the market of ideas, and utter benighted ignorance. —Justice Black in Adderley v. State of Florida (1967)
Or perhaps you want to ride the coattails of others:

• "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." —Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

About the song: Something For Nothing. It is the sixth and final song on Rush’s album, 2112.

Neil Peart states:

“All those paeans to American restlessness and the American road carried a tinge of wistfulness, an acknowledgment of the hardships of the vagrant life, the notion that wanderlust could be involuntary, exile as much as freedom, and indeed, the understanding that freedom wasn’t free. In the mid-’70s, the band was driving to a show in downtown Los Angeles, at the Shrine Auditorium, and I noticed some graffiti splattered across a wall: ‘Freedom isn’t free,’ and I adapted that for a song on 2112, ‘Something for Nothing’”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZUOG2EHh-o

Something For Nothing ~ Lyrics

Waiting for the winds of change
To sweep the clouds away
Waiting for the rainbow's end
To cast its gold your way
Countless ways
You pass the days

Waiting for someone to call
And turn your world around
Looking for an answer
To the question you have found
Looking for an open door

You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise
With the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be

What you own is your own kingdom
What you do is your own glory
What you love is your own power
What you live is your own story
In your head is the answer
Let it guide you along
Let your heart be the anchor
And the beat of your own song

You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise
With the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be

"There is Tranquility in Ignorance, but Servitude is its Partner."  —me
Visit the Website LB Bork
IP Logged
Chief
Sophomore

PAC Groups
SN Society
It's Not My Government!

Re: Something for Nothing
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 5:23am
How true LB. Let's hope that Captain Crunch reads this thread.  Smiley
IP Logged
Captain Crunch
Ex Member
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2010 at 4:47pm
Read it.

Like I said before, I bought a copy of the Red Amendment, and I am completely willing to do the work necessary to become a State National. I simply do not know where to start. Information like: "fill out form such and such, then turn it in to your State Department Head" was not in the book.

But, I will simply take the information from the Red Amendment and do the research myself to figure out what I have to do to become a State National. Right now that is all I can do. I do not have the money to give to someone to fill out paperwork and file it for me. I was simply just asking what do I need to do to get the ball rolling. If I am doing the work myself I don't see how that is "getting something for free."
IP Logged
Jerry
College

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
It's Not My Government!
Country of South Carolina

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 10:03am
Quote:
Like I said before, I bought a copy of the Red Amendment, and I am completely willing to do the work necessary to become a State National. I simply do not know where to start. Information like: "fill out form such and such, then turn it in to your State Department Head" was not in the book.
You have two ways to do this on your own or let LB do it which there is a fee. For the time and effort that LB has put into the research the cost equals pennies on the dollar. So you want the man to just give his hard work away for free basically? Cut his livelihood!!

This information is priceless once you understand what is really going on. It is the very thing that they did not teach people in school if they had we might not be having this very conversation. THINK ABOUT IT.

‹‹Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:27am by LB Bork ››
IP Logged
Jerry
College

PAC Groups
PAC Staff
It's Not My Government!
Country of South Carolina

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 11:44am
And at the end. This is what we have for something for nothing.

“With school turning out more runners, jumpers, racers, tinkerers, grabbers, snatchers, fliers, and swimmers instead of examiners, critics, knowers, and imaginative creators, the word `intellectual,' of course, became the swear word it deserved to be. You always dread the unfamiliar. People want to be happy, isn't that right? Haven't you heard it all your life? I want to be happy, people say. Well, aren't they? Don't we keep them moving, don't we give them fun? That's all we live for, isn't it? For pleasure, for titillation? And you must admit our culture provides plenty of these.” – Captain Beatty

“We must all be alike. Not everyone born free and equal, as the Constitution says, but everyone made equal. Each man the image of every other; then all are happy, for there are no mountains to make them cower, to judge themselves against.” – Captain Beatty

“Television gives you the dates of Napoleon, but not who he was,” Bradbury says, summarizing TV’s content with a single word that he spits out as an epithet: “factoids.” His fear in 1953 that television would kill books has, he says, been partially confirmed by television’s effect on substance in the news. “Useless,” Bradbury says. “They stuff you with so much useless information, you feel full.”

Smiley

IP Logged
Chief
Sophomore

PAC Groups
SN Society
It's Not My Government!

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 2:10pm
Quote:
You have two ways to do this on your own or let LB do it which there is a fee.

Either way, there will still be a lot of work to do on your part. This endeavor is not for the weak or half-hearted.
IP Logged
Thread
Print this Topic
Not My Government | Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4.
YaBB © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.

Site Born: November 2008
contact
I need to know more about PAC...
I would like to get started with PAC...